Saturday, November 14, 2009

packing

Today I started packing up my house. Our lease runs out in a few weeks so I'm moving across the road to live with my friends there until I leave.

I have so much stuff. It seems every time I move I chuck out bags and boxes full of things but still have way too much! I have worked out what I'm taking...everything else will be sold or given away.

1 suitcase of clothes
Bedding (sheets, pillow and blanket)
1 Box of my favourite books/DVDs
2 guitars, keyboard and my sax.
Tent and survival camping gear

Heaps.

It is crazy how much other crap I manage to accumulate over the year. It is also amazing how much emotional baggage is attatched to those things.. It is hard to throw stuff out that has been given to me or that reminds me of someone/something.

I'm excited about leaving a lot of that behind and starting fresh.

I'm still not sure if I will be living in a donga on my own or in a three bedroom house with Clare. I'm kind of hoping for a donga. I think my own space will be something I treasure when I'm up there.

For now,
Corrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment